Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Photo progress of Elk Tooth

Hi loves! I had five of the last seven days off from work, so I have been knitting quite a bit! I cast on Elk Tooth by Caitlin ffrench on Valentine's Day and have made some great progress with it, even though I had to rip it back a few times. I have already knit through the first 65 grams of the yarn.


I have been knitting with Louet Gems Sport Weight in Fern Green.  I cannot wait to wear this piece!

I have been searching for the best yarn for my new project: All About Love by Sylvia Bo Bilvia. Sylvia used Cashmerino Worsted by Sweet Fiber Yarns for the original piece and I have been having fun being faithful with my fiber. The person who owns SFY works at a yarn store on the other side of the Fraser River from me and I have arranged for a friend to pick up some yarn for me. The only problem is that SFY is out of town for a fair and has most of their stock with them! So I am going to be patient and call back at the end of the month. Sweet Fiber Yarns was the Cashmere sponsor for Knit City last year and I would love to play with their fiber. This is going to happen.

I did knit up the All About Love shawl last year using some Galway Worsted and I really want this one to be special.

That is all for me this week! Hopefully I will be finished knitting Elk Tooth by my next blog update and finally pick up those blocking pads.
xo tash

No comments:

Post a Comment